Monday, May 15, 2017

Second Week at Launch Code

This past week I got to do a whole lot more! I started the week off working with Google Sheets and looking at lists of students who were currently enrolled or had already completed one of the Launch Code courses from this year. From there I compared that list to another from the website and ensured that students were on the correct lists using an equation that Sally, a woman I work with, showed me how to execute. They also had me do more stuff to help with the actual classes and I spent the majority of one day going through the videos on their YouTube account and editing them so that they were shorter and could be used for many other classes (the videos were from livestreams, so were more oriented to who was watching at the time and it was my job to get rid of that specificity). It was fun to be able to contribute to the content that would be shown to many classes afterwards. They also had me working with other excel documents, sending out emails to people who hadn't filled out certain necessary forms or reminding people to submit their assignments before graduation. This part was sort of fun because it was like working customer service, so I got to experience a lot of different kinds of people and responses. It has been much more fun being able to help out in different ways and getting to see moreso how the organization works with their students and how they deal with having so many and I look forward to getting to help out more this next week.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I was worried when you mentioned in your first post that you were basically just learning Python (which is cool, but not exactly what you want out of May Project) - so I'm so glad to hear that you've really been helping out for real. Sounds like this is turning out to be the perfect May Project for you, Caroline!

    ReplyDelete